Friday, March 28, 2014

Cup of Morning Kindness

"If your friends don’t come, I will sit with you," said the 20-something male millennial, as he served me my first cup of coffee of the day.

It was 8:39 a.m. and I had been waiting for 15 elongated minutes for my friend and his student.

I had come unusually early.

My friend had come unusually late.

A mere nine minutes and his delay concerned me precisely because he is unusually prompt. 

Waiting is so mind-consuming.

Yet, we wait all the time for so many things, for so many people to show up, for so many wishes to be fulfilled, for so many opportunities to birth.

When my friends arrived, I was relieved, but so was the young twenty-something millennial. He had been waiting with me. His morning cup of kindness fulfilled me all day.

No comments: