Friday, April 30, 2010

A Breath of Peace

Last night, my friend Randy and I went to experience Sri Sri Ravi Shankar at the DAR Constitution Hall in downtown Washington, D.C. Hundreds upon hundreds of people came ready to receive wisdom from the founder of The Art of Living, an international humanitarian organization that preaches world peace through inner peace.

What makes them come? What are they seeking? Did the guru's words inspire them to greater service?

His Holiness led us in meditation for twenty five minutes. I heard nothing. I saw nothing. I was nothing. I wanted nothing.

For twenty-five minutes my silent prayers joined the prayers of the global seated community inside Constitution Hall.

Imagine if the entire world stopped doing and started being still for twenty-five minutes every day!

I must confess that in the space of twenty-five minutes, I breathed in the possibility of peace, my own inner peace.

No comments: