Friday, January 4, 2013

Transforming my Spine

"Transformation is possible," she said as she continued to ask me questions about my health, my body, my joys, and my fears.

"What did I want to transform?" I asked myself.

Less constrictions in my body and in my life.

Less compensating for my unusual spine.

Less holding on to habits that obstruct my “qi," my life force.*

Yes, transformation is possible this New Year and every New Year for every "body."


Beginning again opens up choice channels and available avenues for personal stretching.

"Transformation is possible for you," she said.

"Yes," I repeated. "Transformation is possible for me. I know that cognitively, and now I can feel the truth of that statement running up and down my unusual spectacular spine."

*Qi is the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health.

No comments: