Friday, November 8, 2013

I Was Asleep and Awake

"I was asleep but my heart stayed awake . . . until I heard the sound of my lover knocking.” -Song of Songs 5:2

In some ways we are all sleepwalking through various realms of consciousness. Throughout the day and night, we transition from states of awareness and consciousness to states of total incognizance.

We can be sound asleep and yet present to our dreams.

Is the opposite also true? Can we appear wide awake and yet remain dormant to our daily desires?

Ideally, we strive to remain intimately connected with the One, while stitching together the intricacies and activities of our everyday aliveness.

If we can practice holding both the intimate and the mundane, the insights of our dreams and the interactions of our waking hours, with pure intention, our path will be shaped by a wellspring of wisdom and clarity.

No comments: